At Ontario Bollards, we specialize in the supply, service, and installation of asset protection equipment and systems. One of our core product offerings is bollards, which come in a wide range of variations to suit different functional and decorative applications. Below, we highlight stainless steel bollards.
What Is Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is a type of steel alloy that contains chromium and other elements (e.g., manganese, molybdenum, nickel, niobium, and titanium). The addition of chromium increases the material’s corrosion resistance, while the addition of the other elements enhances its mechanical properties. The result is a strong, durable, and attractive metal with the following characteristics:
- Corrosion resistance
- Impact resistance
- High/low-temperature resistance
- Fire resistance
- Weather resistance (rain and salt)
- High workability
- Easy cleanability
- 100% recyclability
These characteristics can vary depending on the exact composition. For example, a higher chromium content results in better corrosion resistance, while a higher nickel content results in greater flexibility. Regardless of these slight differences, the general characteristics of stainless steel make it well-suited for use in the manufacture of various outdoor parts and products, including bollards.
Stainless Steel Bollards at Ontario Bollards
Bollards are structural elements used for both functional and decorative purposes. For example, they can direct and guide traffic, protect pedestrians and buildings from oncoming vehicles, and enhance the overall design of the landscape. They come in a number of designs and materials to suit different environments and applications.
At Ontario Bollards, we offer bollards made from polyurethane, steel, and stainless steel. Our stainless steel bollards come in the following styles:
- Fixed embedded. Fixed embedded bollards are designed to be embedded in concrete. They have a clean, versatile, and visible design that makes them suitable for installation in any modern building or landscape.
- Surface mount. Surface mount bollards—also known as bolt-down bollards—are designed to be bolted to the ground. They have a sturdy design that makes them ideal for protecting pedestrians, buildings, and equipment from accidental collision damage.
- Retractable. Retractable bollards are designed to retract into the ground and lock in the extended position when needed. They are perfect for applications that need intermittent access control—they are raised to prevent unauthorized vehicles from entering the area, and they are lowered to allow authorized vehicles to enter the area. We offer them in semi-automatic or fully automatic and electromechanical, gas spring, or hydraulic variations.
- Removable. Removable bollards are designed to be installed and removed as needed. They are well-suited for applications that temporarily require a clear and visible barrier that prevents vehicles from entering a high-foot-traffic or restricted area.
These bollards are typically constructed of 316 stainless steel with a #6 satin finish to ensure high resistance to corrosion and weathering. However, they are available in powder coated variations. All posts ship with one of four colored reflector stripes, which are used to improve visibility.
Contact the Bollards Experts at Ontario Bollards Today
Bollards play an essential role in many industrial and commercial facilities. By preventing vehicles from entering restricted areas, they keep personnel and pedestrians safe from injury and buildings and equipment safe from damage.
For high-quality stainless steel bollards you can trust to protect your people, products, and processes, turn to the experts at Ontario Bollards! We maintain a broad selection of bollard products to accommodate various environments and applications. Whether you need a bollard for traffic control, access control, or landscape design, we’ve got you covered. To learn more about our product and service offerings, contact us or request a quote today.